4.08.2007

Yes, there has been knitting

My Punk Rock Gift Exchange secret pal sent me three skeins of this beautiful Sirdar cotton Indigo denim. It has a gorgeous sheen to it and is extremely soft and silky. I decided to try making a decorative tea towel using the Cascading Leaves pattern in Debbie Bliss' How to Knit.

I found the Lace Edging pattern in the book as well. It's just a 16-row repeat where you cast on 5 stitches, add one stitch every row, then bind off 8 at the end and start over (so it's sort of knit on the diagonal).

I can't wait to see how this looks after it's washed. It should fade like jeans!

As you know, I'm having a love affair with Peaches'n'Creme. I still can't stop with the warshrags. The one on the left is a pattern called Flying Geese that I really like. It reminds me a little of a quilt.

I've finished knitting both halves of the Tsuki silk/mohair shrug. I just need to seam them together. So far it looks like it'll fit; I'm just a little nervous about the seaming bit. And the blocking bit. But just in time, the new KnitPicks catalogue has directions for blocking lace...

6 comments:

BEESTLYproducts said...

i can't w8 to see hoe that indigo stuff washes up..... very awesome. i need to make new dishclothes.

Chris said...

Oh, how intriguing with the indigo yarn!! I'm looking forward to seeing your shrug.

Puss-in-Boots said...

Yes, I'm looking forward to seeing the shrug, too. You'll have to model it for us and get a photo taken.

Anonymous said...

Hey-ho Obsidian Kitten, you have been tagged!

All you have to do is to list 5 cat blogs that you read everyday and then tag 5 others.

Have fun!

::Kittilistic::

mrspao said...

Your FOs are beautiful :)

Anonymous said...

That dishtowel will make a great addition to your kitchen! Pretty pattern too.