7.30.2006

First Skulls, First Squares



My first skulls have reached their intended recipient,
kind enough to model them here.


I'm beginning to get the hang of crochet,
thanks to a good teacher in the person of my Grandma.
These are my first Granny Squares!
(Yes, I do sense the irony.)


Morgan seemed to expect said squares to transform
into some delightful type of cat toy.
I gently informed her that they are to become a baby blanket,
and I believe you can see the disappointment on her face.


7/31/06 Editor O'K's Note: Skully model is not Mr. O'Kitten, but our dear friend Chad, who was gifted with the skullies and kind enough to model them for me.

7 comments:

Knitted_Painting said...

YAY you made some granny squares! They're looking great! I'm actually in a CAL to make my first ever hehe!
you should visit www.crochetville.org sometime it's a great forum site where you can find loads of patterns and show off what you've made or just talk about you addiction to yarn teehee! ^_^

metal and knit said...

Love the veregated wool. I somehow love working rugs with them. Good work on the fair Isle

RheLynn said...

Hey granny squares are hard, good work! I usually crochet circles, and that is about it! Morgan sure knows how to look disappointed and cute ;o)

Great job on the Skulls!

Obsidian Kitten said...

Here is a rly cool pic of a japanese craft mag (posted by i think someone in the Knucks Kal) with a fabulous Must-Have granny square tote on the cover!

Someone commented that "granny squares are the building blocks of fashion"--this quote delighted me so that it almost made soda squirt outta my nose...

Anonymous said...

My mom used to make the same kind of blankets. There were many of nights you see her watching TV and her hands were going a mile a minute. I am happy to say that I have a few blankets that she made and treasure each and every one of them. So, this granny square blanket is for a baby. Gee, I wonder who the lucky Aunt and Uncle are??? :) :)

MsFortuknit said...

Look at you go mama! Look at Lanis page to see what I had to say about you putting your headless honey on here! hahah
Kisses

Obsidian Kitten said...

oh, you can actually see my hunny on Chad's myspace page under friends, it's Chris (he's the rather sad-looking soul leaning up against the wall, LOLOL)