12.26.2006

Christmas Lambs and Llamas



The sheep greeted me this morning with happy little bleats and didn't seem the least bit disappointed that we didn't have a white Christmas. (Rather, it was grey and rainy, but when you like to munch on grass and meander about doing outdoorsy sorts of things, I suppose a drizzly day is not all bad.)


The llamas, although not concerned with the weather, remain a bit vexed by the sheep. Bear in mind that llamas are rather large (Graty stands about six feet or two metres tall, and weighs well over 300 pounds). The two sheep are about knee-high and some 75-85 pounds.


Yet the llamas continue to fret in the pasture, giving me cross and puzzled looks as if to say, "Who's in our barn? What are they, big mice? Small dogs? Furry little people? Why are they here? And when, exactly, are they leaving?"


Pepper was the only one who seemed unconcerned. If anything, she looked more as though she would've enjoyed playing with the new furry creatures that appeared on the other side of the fence.


And so was Christmas spent chez O'Kitten. I hope all of y'all are having wonderful hollydays as well!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had heard that llamas are better protectors of sheep flocks than sheep dogs. Perhaps that kind of attachment will come.

Chris said...

Awww, Pepper. So cute!! Those eyelashes!

Anonymous said...

Happy Christmas and yup I'm glad it's all over too!

Was Ms O'Kitten a good (bad) little girl this year? I didn't get no nude men under the tree like I asked Santy, just sox & underwear. Ffffftt.

I should have perhaps asked for sheep. ;)

mrspao said...

Awww they are so sweet looking! Hope you had a Happy Christmas!!

BEESTLYproducts said...

I <3 your X-mas sheep.... they are lovely :o)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new sheep! They are good looking -- oh, to see what you knit with the wool next fall! Peace, love and good health in 2007!

Holly said...

HOw adorable! Can you adopt me so I can come live with your fuzzy aminals? :p I hope you all had a merry christmas and have a wonderful new year!