7.05.2008

What We Have Here is a Failure to Communicate

We're all moved in now and the apartment is lovely. I just got back from the laundromat, which is right around the corner, and it's a cool, drizzly afternoon in our neighborhood.

The only glitch is that so far I haven't been able to get the Mac to communicate with the cable modem. Frankly, I'm being rather lazy about trying to rectify the situation. After a month offline I have missed blogging and regular email contact with the world, but I harbor this secret fantasy that the Mac is going to come to its senses any minute now and decide to reconnect itself to cyberspace.

In the meantime, I'm just stealing a moment to say hello from Mr. O'Kitten's puter (on which he virtually lives every waking moment) so unless I bite the bullet and resolve my own technical difficulties I won't be able to show you how we climbed into a manhole to burrow under Atlantic Avenue on our 6th anniversary to see the world's oldest subway tunnel (it was very romantic), or share our trip out to Coney Island for the (in)famous Mermaid Parade, or show you any of our other various NYC adventures to date.

I have at least a hundred photos -- all, of course, huddled together on the Mac -- and so much to tell.

Such a love/hate relationship with technology...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miss ya so much, it hurts! But.... sending you sunny days, bright smiles and many warm hugs. New place is exciting to hear about. Just have a Mac attack and get that 'puter back online (might need to unload old software and install new...be sure to turn off virus program while you load in new). Miss ya miss ya miss ya!!!
Bunnies M

Chris said...

Here's sending you happy lucky technology vibes!

mrspao said...

I'd come (or get pao to if I can't figure it out) and fix you if I lived near by.

PS I really need my NY fix!!!

Anonymous said...

Don't worry. We'll figure it out. I promise.

Mr O

Anonymous said...

After a month, I think that Mr O is going to be more helpful than Mac.

The Mermaid Parade! I would love to see the pix of that. And the world's oldest subway? The whole world? Cool.

BEESTLYproducts said...

one of my co-workers was in the mermaid parade!!!

i haven't got to see her pictures yet, either.

Puss-in-Boots said...

Right, Mrs O'K...hurry up and get your Mac and cable talking to one another...want some photos...want, want, want!

Ahem...now that I've had my little tantrum...sounds like life in the Big Apple is suiting you down to the ground. Good to hear it.

Take care.