7.10.2008

When Cats Go for the Green

Even city cats get a bit of greenery around here.


For ever-intrepid Isis, it was the top of a pineapple. She happily chewed up several of the leaves before Mr. O'Kitten took it away from her. Kind of reminded me of Chaos' adventure with a zucchini--of which he was highly suspicious, convinced it was some kind of cat-devouring monster. Isis is far more trusting (or just dimmer, hungrier and far less analytical).


Emma quickly discovered the chia planter of cat grass we were growing for cat grazing.


Mmmmmm...


[gnawgnawgnaw]


Sniff sniff...


[Slurpslurp]


Lick...lick...lick...


After a nice grassy snack, everyone needed a nap...


...except for Morgan, who had a nice wrestle with a folding chair...




...and me, on this here machine that had caused so much anguish. But isn't it adorable? And in the end, it wasn't even the Mac's fault. So we can rejoice, one and all!

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

First off MACs are the best, no question.
I have photos of one of my cats with pineapple leaves. I think they love that texture.
When I grow cat grass I hide it until it is long enough or else it eaten before it can grow at all. Looks like your felines are adjusting to their new home pretty nicely.

Chris said...

LOL - I think Chaos' head would explode if I brought home a pineapple... I think May would love kitty grass - I need to grow some, since the stuff at the store always has a cloud of bugs around it. Ewww!

mrspao said...

Your cats look like they are settling in really well :) Kitty grass is so popular round here, it gets lain upon so I should grow smaller quantities like you did.

Anonymous said...

Home looks good! That's the fix to the Mac? Oh no! But good, in a way.

Nice green cats! Glad that one of them loves Morgan.

sunneshine said...

Welcome back home! It looks like a cool place and it is always good to be where you feel at home! Thankfully cats are good at adapting :)

Puss-in-Boots said...

Soooo...obviously you and the Mac are communicating now...that's nice.

You've reminded me, I need some cat grass for my two...make a note.

Glad you all seemed to have settled in. Look forward to hearing about life in the big smoke now...such a difference from your previous abode.

KJ Callaway said...

what the JEEZUZ! I go and have surgery and go off line for a few weeks and you up and MOVE 6 hours away from me into the same state!

Who owns the llamas and the sheeps and chickens now?

KJ

meemsnyc said...

Wow, what great green stuff! Pineapple looks fun to chew!