2.13.2008

Baby, It's Cold Outside

For some reason the winter is really wearing on me this year. It's our fourth winter in Michigan, and this past week it's been -6 degrees (-21 C), the wind has been gusting up to 40 mph (65 km per hour), and we've had well over a foot (30 cm) of snow dumped on us.

Mr. O'Kitten says he's not minding it so much. He recently extolled the virtues of the G.I. Joes of his childhood, and built them a snowscape on our deck with bridges and a long ski slope. Here are his photos:

Crimson Guard


Snake Eyes draws his weapon


Crimson Guard and Snake Eyes on the slope


Crimson Guard crossing a snow bridge


Meanwhile, back at the Hall of Justice, I've begun knitting myself something with the handspun of that 'Shannah Rocks' colorway I've been so excited about. The pattern is a mini cardi from Stefanie Japel's Fitted Knits. More on this to come.

4 comments:

Chris said...

Stir craziness abounds this winter. Is it spring yet?!

Elizabeth said...

Too cold, too snowy, too much!
And so long until spring.
Well, on that happy note...
The G.I Joes, too funny. Men are boys forever, aren't they?

Anonymous said...

I'm having a hard time this winter, too. Fortunately, the seed catalogs have arrived! :-)

I love how your handspun is knitting up. It's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

The funny pics of GI Joe were quite inspired...perhaps a calender or greeting cards for the troops would be well received? I have another braid of the Shannah Rocks dye batch I'll hold for you in case you need it. Very nice picture of it knitted.