3.24.2009

Name the Thing, Knit the Thing


I made a couple of these Heart Lace Cloths and liked the Heart Motif, but I couldn't find anything similar for Easter. So I came up with this:


I think it looks like what it's supposed to be, right? I rearranged the stitches from the lace heart pattern on a new chart. It's not easy to make something ovoid out of rectangles, but there you are.

I would love it if one or two of you intrepid knitters would test out the pattern for me. It's super-quick and takes less than half a ball of Sugar'n Cream. Just post a comment here or email me at sohopixieATyahooDOTcom and I'll email you the pattern. Once I know it works for someone other than me I'll post it here on the blog.

Any takers?

Easter is April 12. The bunnies are coming!

10 comments:

Ellen Whyte said...

You are clever! I'm going to be creative today and make a chicken pie. Not as pretty but also nice.

Mouse said...

Oooh.. pysanky egg (note to spell check: it is TOO a word!!) in lace! Very cool. I'd offer to test knit but I am the slowest knitter EVER.. you'd get it next year.

Anonymous said...

Wow, nice! The patterning is gorgeous. Good luck on the test knitters! Not me! As if you'd want me even when I'm not swamped at work. I knit like a snail.

Those colored eggs are amazing.

Chris said...

I'll put out a call for test knitters for you. :)

Anonymous said...

I'll do it! Looks like a fun pattern. :-)

thursday said...

That's a cool pattern! I was just looking for a quick dishcloth knit to start tonight. If you still need someone, I'd be happy to try it out!

tygerlotus AT gmail DOT com

sheep#100 said...

I'd test knit for you.
Been a while since I knit a new dishcloth.

Anonymous said...

I realize I didn't leave my email:
rhymer573(at)yahoo(dot)com

KJ Callaway said...

Lemme at it, how hard is it you know I am not smart.

KJ

Obsidian Kitten said...

Many thanks to all my brave test knitters!

I'm still getting feedback, but should be posting the pattern here on the blog this weekend.