Ten random things (meme stolen from Knotty Mouse)
1. Magazines subscribed to - Time Out New York. Like Mouse, I would like to someday renew my subscription to BUST magazine, and would love to subscribe to Craft (craftzine.com).
2. Aside from knitting, my favorite pasttimes are - spinning (hm...haven't done that in awhile), working on my blog (not that you can tell from my prolonged puter absences, hehheh), taking walks in the city, doing crosswords, watching the telly, going to the movies.
3. If I were not a dilettante (insert your own profession), I would be - a dilettante. Why, oh why can't this be a viable way to make a living? I really ought to have been independently wealthy.
4. I am irrationally worried about - being stabbed to death in the shower.
5. If I were the opposite sex - I wouldn't be terribly handsome, but I'd spread my knees apart so I'd take up a lot more room on the subway, and I'd scratch my crotch with happy abandon.
6. The thing I miss most about childhood is - I don't. I tell everyone I'm nine years old anyway--and they usually believe me.
7. I like to collect - nothing really anymore. I used to collect lots of things, from cat figurines to postcards to art books, but recently I've pared down my life and I'm happy about that. Lately I've been trying to collect sock yarn to make monster hats, but that's different, because I only want it so I can use it up.
8. Though I’ve never been there, I feel inexplicably homesick for - Scotland
9. I’ve never really liked to eat - most kinds of holiday cookies. They're usually too hard and dry. I really only like chocolate chip, or molasses or peanut butter if they're soft.
10. When I have nightmares, they’re usually about - driving (even though I don't have a car anymore). In the dream, I don't quite have complete control of the car and have to somehow stop it without hurting anyone, crashing, or hurting myself...hm! I also have apocalyptic war dreams where the entire city is being destroyed in a huge invasion--by land, air, and sea, and everything is exploding--those are truly awful.