4.30.2006

April Showers

Life Blanket

I finished the baby blanket I mentioned in a previous post. I've only been knitting since December, so it's my largest project to date. It's based on the Chinese characters above, meaning "life". Also required making pattern for the characters. (Gotta love computers...)

Anyway, I'm very happy with the results. I used inexpensive Caron "Simply Soft" yarn (machine wash and dry, hello!) in bone, a shade which reminded me of rice paper. (Never was much for baby pastels anyway.) Finished blankie (after hand wash/machine dry) measures 32 inches wide by 26 inches high. And very soft!



I kinda wish I'd done the characters in seed stitch, rather than only purl, but live and learn. Here's a detail:



Gotta run, got a baby shower to get to!

2 comments:

Ruby Girl said...

It looks great, wish my imagination worked like some knitters minds do.

BEESTLYproducts said...

That is amazing!!!!
I saw an episode of knitty gritty where they had charted out some chinese characters and haven been thinking of trying out my own chart... did u pen it out on graph paper or did you use a cool knitting program?