7.17.2006

We Have Winners!



We have our winners! Many thanks to everyone for voting. Here is the hat from which the lucky names were drawn.

Contrary to original plans, Morgan and Isis did not select the winning names. At the last moment, fear that they would bend, fold, mutilate, hide, or swallow said names gripped me, and I asked instead for a human participant. Mr. O'Kitten stepped up to the plate and choose two slips at random from aforementioned hat.

And the winners of O'Kitten's first ever contest are Sunshyne and Rhelynn!

As Sunshyne expressed quite an interest in the tortoiseshell-esque buttons some days ago, she will receive the set of vintage buttons and some O'Kitten bionic fridge maglets. RheLynn has her choice of Button set A, B, or C, and will also get some fridge maglets. Woot! Congratulations, grrls!

I regret not posting sooner, but family visiting from out of town kept me happily busy over the weekend. Game night was a highlight, featuring Scattergories, Taboo, and Apples to Apples. I learned two new games as well, Phase Ten (a rummmy-like but colorful card game) and Sets. If anyone knows where I can get my hands on this last one, let me know--it was really cool and quite addictive. As you can see, Morgan was thoroughly worn out by the end of the evening...

...but it takes more than a marathon night of games and constant entertaining by my 12 and 14-year-old nieces to exhaust Isis.

Eventually, it does happen. Kittens wind down; batteries must be recharged.


O'Kitten will now be on a three-day break to visit some people at a lake somewhere northerly in a place she has never been before. I note here that kittens, including this one, do not like to get wet, but there will be much napping and knitting, and food is promised. We shall return on Thursday or Friday. Wishing all a wonderful week, and bountifully recharged batteries!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats to the winners! :-) Oh, and and I adore the sleepy kitty photos. I want to squeeze the kitties...LOL! Have a great time on your little vacation too.

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to figure out a cute way to pull winners for the charity drive, so far all the cute ways I have a feeling would end up with quite the mess and no drawn names. I'm still thinking, that maybe somehow I could get Basil to pull names.

Mouse said...

must.. squish.. the cute sleeping kitten with the mitten feet! I want a kitten with 'extra' toes so badly.. my husband thinks I've lost my mind.

sienna said...

Have a lovely time away!

verasunshyne said...

YESSSS!!!! I-WOn I-WON I-WON!!! weeeeee!!! Love the hat, love Scattergories, and as always, love the kitties. . .have a wondeful time away!!!

Anonymous said...

there are those thumbs again! tyson is jealous... he wants to give Isis a high-five!

RheLynn said...

Thank you! Wow, I won something! I just love Isis' thumbs - so cute and we already knew she was crafty ;o) The thumbs seal the deal. Morgan, as all kittens, is making a very uncomfortable place look comfy and 'you gotta try this, it rocks!'

I choose set A - I see owl eyes all over it ;o)

Chris said...

Congrats, Sunshyne and RheLynn!!

Oh, Isis, I love you - would you like to come live with me 'n Chaos? :)

Have a great mini break!

Carrie K said...

Congrats, Sunshyne & RheLynn!

What an adorably exhausted kitten.

Have fun! Napping and knitting. My favorite things.

MsFortuknit said...

Shan'-
I love that hat!! I hope that your havin a great time away right now! And yeah for the winners!

RheLynn said...

Your alien is definitely on they way soon! This conference just sucked all the energy and time out of me for a few days :o(

Hope you and your kitty crew are doing well!

Knitted_Painting said...

congratulations Sunshyne and Rhelynn!!
teehee our friends cat also has extra thumbs just like your isis and it's called Mittens lol!