8.07.2008

Googly-Eyed Monster Hat

A finished object--Hello Yarn Top Down Bonnet With Anime Character.
I loves me a free pattern.


I like the shaping the back of the hat has.

The yarn I used was left over from three pairs of socks. The blue and yellow is a scrumptuous Superwash Merino/Tencel Handpainted Sock Yarn from Yarn Lust. The ears are KPPPM and the ribbing is some sort of black-and-white tweedy cotton. Yarn Lust's is one of the nicest yarns I've worked with to date; she has added beautiful hand-dyed rovings and blogs here.


I needle-felted the eyes and then used embroidery thread for the mouth and teeth.
Grrrrr!

4 comments:

mrspao said...

Great hat!

Anonymous said...

Nice hat, so cute....

Joanie

Randall Flagg said...

Best hat to date.

Chris said...

Love it - oh, to see facial expressions as you saunter by...