3.27.2008

No Rest for the Winter-Weary



7:30 pm EST

Yeah. Does it look like spring to you? And two hours later it's still coming down. Feh.




Log Cabin-ing, Continued

Unfinished as it is, the Log Cabin baby blanket passes the Emma test. Then again, what hand-knit doesn't pass the cat test? Unless, of course, you knit them a cat bed.


All I have left to finish is a final bit of the border, then seam the two halves together. It'll be about 33 x 40 inches (84 x 102 cm) when it's done. The baby is already 9 months old, so I wanted it to be fairly good-sized.


And New Socks on the Needles

I was getting so tired of working on the blanket that I started a pair of socks for myself last night. The yarn is the luscious Bearfoot, a hand-painted 60% superwash wool-25% mohair-15% nylon from Mountain Colors in a colorway called Wilderness. It's gorgeous, and was a gift from my dear friend Beth (whom I'll be seeing tomorrow night and Saturday -- that should be a nice and much-needed pick-me-up).


I'm going to try using Charlene Schurch's Sensational Knitted Socks. I like the book, I just haven't used it yet. The pattern is a simple Slipped-Stitch Rib, so hopefully it'll go smoothly. I'll keep you posted. Meanwhile, please pray for spring, or my head just might explode.

5 comments:

jessie said...

We woke up to snow this morning, too. Four months ago I would have enjoyed it....

Chris said...

Ugh - that's the snow that missed us yesterday. Sorry to hear that it hit you...

mrspao said...

We'll have your snow - we haven't had anything like that for years. We had snow flurries on Easter Sunday but nothing settled.

Want to swap? It was windy and rainy here yesterday....

meemsnyc said...

That blanket is super cute.

Wow, that is a whole lotta snow!

Elizabeth said...

Ah, ha! RAIN today. And tomorrow!
Not guaranteed to make the white stuff totally disappear but at least seasonally appropriate, wouldn't you say?
Keep knitting, remember how DAMP spring really is ;) chuckle, chuckle.
Wait, aren't you chuckling?
I love that wilderness colourway.