1.17.2008

There and Back Again


I'm not dead, although my long absence may have suggested as much. I always long to hibernate around this time of year. So I'm not exactly dead--just in a halfway shut-down mode, pushing myself rather unwillingly from one day into the next.


Don't get me wrong--I like winter. I especially like snow. But I'm not fond of grey skies and the short hours of daylight. Being bipolar with a tendency toward the low, depressive end of the scale anyway, I usually have a slump in the winter months. I kind of limp along for awhile, then eventually the days get longer and I don't seem to feel quite as horrible.

I'm telling you, I wouldn't wish this depression thing on my worst enemy.

I saw the doc yesterday and he was unwilling to adjust my meds (likely since they seemed to have things relatively stabilized for awhile). His best advice was to get more light (great) and try to keep my hands busy. (Uh, thanks doc.)

In my own defense, there has been spinning and knitting.


Like this lavender merino/tencel I'd been telling you about. Not the most even yarn, but it made lovely wristwarmers for my grandma, who was flown back to Pennsylvania yesterday.

She's been growing ever weaker over the past months, and I haven't been able to visit her (next door at my parents) since we got back from NY, since I caught a bad cold there and was terrified of giving her my germs. (I actually spent the last 4 days in NYC in bed, too, equally paranoid about infecting my father-in-law, who'd just had a kidney removed. Yes, it was that kind of year...)


More spinning.


More snow.

Thanks for all the holiday and New Year's wishes. Let's hope for a 2008 that is a bit better than 2007.

Purrpurr.

6 comments:

Mouse said...

So far.. my 2008 is sucking in a new and exciting way. I'm hoping this isn't the theme for the new year...

Chris said...

I'm glad to hear from you! But sorry to hear that the grey days have you down. Have you ever thought of getting a light box???

Stop by sometime. :)

mrspao said...

Healthy wishes for 2008. I hope that it get brighter for you really soon. Being ill can make you feel all the more sad and down.

Sending you a great big hug - your spinning looks amazing!

BEESTLYproducts said...

(((HUgZ))))

Anonymous said...

Awww, snuggly kitty love. Come hang out at the Spinning Loft and we'll cheer you up. I'll be there on Tuesday for spin night.

Randall Flagg said...

Best wishes for a better 2008.